Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/19/2010

I am... having to learn to accept and appreciate things in life as they are, rather than how I would have them. I've spent a lot of years fighting to shape and manipulate the world around me so that things are how I believe they should be. When I'd run into something that couldn't be manipulated I'd skew my own view.

Once again... I find myself still learning *grin* I'm glad to be learning... but I've always thought that I couldn't really enjoy life completely until I had all of the pieces so it's frustrating to think that I could have gotten even MORE out of the last 32 years. I know that I should be grateful that each revelation will add more to the life and years yet to come but I can't help but feel a bit cheated anyway. I even find myself "what-ifing", which I know is futile.

So, I suppose we'll call today a draw.

2 comments: